Hello there and thank you for visiting our blog! The one stop shop for all things wedding and beyond, our modern lifestyle blog aims to bring you the latest in both current wedding day trends and popular lifestyle inspiration.
Why not stop awhile, grab a cuppa, maybe a bite to eat and take a look around. If you like what you see and would like to find out more about advertising packages with The Brilliant Hum, head on over to our Advertise page for further information and criteria. For general enquiries and details of advertising packages please do Get In Touch. We would love to touch base and find out what inspires you!
If you would like to find out a little more about what makes us tick, then that’s fine and dandy! The background to The Brilliant Hum and how it came to be can be read on our About Us page.
- Get Your Hands Dirty First
First things first. Before you can create your outdoor Zen, you need to be prepared to put in a little dirty work first. As with any garden spruce up, the annual clean-up jobs need to be done and dusted beforehand.
A few of the key chores you will need to undertake are:
- De-weeding your grass, border and patio.
- Cleaning your patio with a strong cleaning fluid and scrubbing brush, or power jet cleaner if you have one.
- Ensuring your lawn is in tip top condition with added grass seed and lawn fertiliser.
- Digging over your borders and cutting back any overgrown shrubs.
- Planting any newly purchased shrubs or evergreens.
- Zone your Space
As you would indoors, do not treat your outdoors as one big open space but rather a selection of outdoor areas to define and add definition to. Plan garden zones according to what you like to do in the garden. If you are a sun worshipper, different spaces can be created to make the most of the sunshine as it travels around the garden during the day. If the sun shines on the bottom of your garden first thing for example, a small decked area with a carefully placed wooden bench with comfy padded cushions can be the perfect spot for that first cuppa of the day.
A stone patio outside your double doors with a brick barbeque is perfect for late afternoon alfresco dining of course. Build in a touch of privacy with some well-chosen evergreen shrubs to shield your neighbour’s view. A pretty wooden pergola can also add interest and dimension to your garden and can be used to grow beautiful climber plants.
- Create a comfortable and attractive outside entertainment area
With so much choice in garden furniture available to homeowners now, you can create an outdoor entertaining space that really wows – even on a relatively tight budget. When creating this outdoor space, keep three key elements in mind. Comfort, colour and light.
Choosing garden furniture that is comfy as well as looks great, will be the key to really getting the full use of your outdoor space not only this summer, but for years to come. Comfy furniture doesn’t have to cost a fortune either. If you have the budget to blow, then by all means, purchase a fabulous corner sofa with all the works. If, like most of us, you are working to a tighter purse string, there are some fab rattan furniture ranges now available to purchase with padded seat cushions.
- Colour Sensations
Add a pop of colour to seating arrangements with colourful outdoor cushions in zany patterns. Instead of boring brown or black, match the colour of your sun umbrella to your cushions to create a sense of fun to your outdoor space. A couple of outdoor candles add both scent and colour to your table and outdoor plastic tableware and glasses now come in a fab range of outdoor zesty primary colours too.
Spritz up your border fencing and trellis with a new lick of outdoor paint. You can now purchase a fabulous array of outdoor fence paints to bring an instant injection of life into your outdoor space. From Forget-me-Not purple to Cornflower blue, corner sheds and outdoor woodwork can benefit from an injection of colour straight from the tin. Alternatively, why not choose black? Paint your woodwork and masonery in black and provide a fabulous contemporary and modern backdrop for your plants and flowers; allowing your flora and fauna to stand out from the crowds.
- Light The Way
Light is an essential element to consider when planning both your outdoor entertaining space and your garden as a whole. As the sun goes down and dusk settles, you will need a good selection of outdoor lighting to allow you to carry on entertaining into the night and create that all important ambience.
Solar lighting can work well; particularly if you have a south facing garden that enjoys a lot of sunshine. As well as solar ground lights, you can now opt for a pretty selection of solar string lights – fairy lights or funky bulbs – to string from tree to tree and create a sense of romance.
Of course, an outdoor security light is an important addition to deter unwanted burglars and some have the added advantage that they can be switched to permanent mode for those times when a little added outdoor lighting is required.
- Add Multi-functional Garden Elements to create interest
Carefully selected garden items can be used as excellent focal points to draw the eye and add interest to the garden. Certain elements such as water features whilst creating a sense of calm, are also useful in masking unwanted noise from external sources such as traffic.
- Make Use of Clever Storage Options
If you are short on storage space indoors for all your garden paraphernalia, invest in a smart and discreet outdoor storage space instead. This doesn’t have to be as big as a shed. Large DIY stores now sell flexible plastic storage containers in a variety of dimensions for all your storage needs. When the kids are nicely tucked up in bed, keep the garden tidy and store away unused children’s toys, paddling pools and outdoor games at the end of the day.
Then, of course, it is time to kick back with a glass of wine and some nibbles, switch on your garden lighting and enjoy your beautiful garden with some much welcome YOU time!
It’s a New Year and while things are pretty quiet on the wedding front right now, brides-to-be all over the country are busy working away, planning and executing to the minute detail, the finer aspects of their big day. Of course, choosing the style and colour of your wedding flowers is one of the key elements of your wedding planning; and although exciting, it can also be one of the hardest and most expensive decisions to make. Your choice of floral arrangements for the day can really bring together all your key elements and unify your wedding décor as one. Fortunately, making the correct decisions can be relatively simple if you follow our no-fuss seven step guide. So here you go….
1. Nailing the Budget
First and foremost, make sure you have this down. With Pinterest boards turning us all green with envy, this is one area of wedding planning that you can quickly become carried away with. Remember to include every detail too – from boutonnieres to floral pew ends, bridesmaid corsages to your all-important bridal bouquet, each separate item can quickly add up and your budget can be blown.
Decide now what items are simple must-haves and what can be done away with.
2. Know Your Own Unique Style
Taking time at the very beginning of your wedding planning journey to reflect on your own particular tastes as a couple will ultimately dictate the key themes running throughout your whole wedding day: from your choice of wedding venue, to the style of your wedding attire and design of your wedding décor, down to the choice of floral arrangements.
If you are a whimsical type of girl who loves nothing more than floaty ethereal dresses and romantic floral blooms, this will dictate a very different style of wedding bouquet and reception décor than someone who gets excited about modern, pared back styling and edgy decor.
Your choice of wedding style will dictate the whole theme, right through to the flower arrangements for your bridal party too, from cute bridesmaid posies to simple corsages. Remember to make a note of your chosen colour palette – this will dictate what flowers are available.
The colour of 2018 has been announced as vibrant purple so expect to see lots of inspiration here. Keep the budget down by choosing flower varieties that are in season and populate with lots of inexpensive greenery.
3. Choosing your Florist
Once you know your budget and floristy style, you can begin to shop around for a florist that both matches with your vision of how you wish your day to be AND comes in within budget. Visit a few and ask to look at images of their previous work. This is the best way to get a flavour for the style, quality and range of their work. Be prepared to discuss ideas and make a note of their suggestions to review once back home.
Recommendations from friends and relatives are always a good starting point when beginning your search. If no recommendations are forthcoming, remember to check online reviews of their past work to be sure.
4. Knowing What Works with Your Venue
If your florist doesn’t know your chosen venue well, provide lots of images of the space. As the expert, it is important to consult with your florist as to what will or won’t work with the venue. You may have your heart set on big and bright blooms to create the wow factor, but if the existing decor is overly decorative or bright, a more pared back colour palette could be a classier approach. On the other hand, new and modern venues with bare, brick walls can be a perfect blank canvas to create something wildly adventurous.
Know how many tables you need at your Reception as this will influence how big or extravagant your table centres can be. To save money, it can look just as fabulous to place the decadent table centres on every other table and place a simpler candle arrangement on the others. In this way, you avoid over decorating your reception room and save money too.
Again, use simple tricks such as adding ferns or gypsophila (also known as baby’s breath) to add volume to arrangements and avoid having to use lots of expensive blooms.
5. Choosing Flowers in Keeping with your Wedding Dress
Any florist worth their salt will also take inspiration from your choice of wedding gown when planning your wedding day flowers. Inspiration comes from the style of your dress, whether it is simple or ornate, contemporary or traditional. You and your dress after all, should take centre stage and your wedding bouquet and floral arrangements should serve to compliment this, rather than detract with too much fussiness.
Be prepared for a few meetings with your chosen florist to discuss viable options.
6. Keep it Personal
A popular and evolving tradition for today’s bride is the option to include something of meaning to their wedding day flowers. This could take the form of a specific flower that is a favourite of a passed love one, or it could even be the addition of a vintage brooch or family heirloom to your bouquet; passed down through the generations and included in your wedding arrangement for added sentimental value.
7. Hammer out the details
As with all wedding suppliers, once you have agreed the finer details to the contract, ensure you record everything that is agreed on paper, quantities, final price, and the details of delivery for the day itself. Get the contract signed and take a copy for your records.
Make a note of key contact numbers and a mobile telephone number for the wedding day and add this to your key suppliers list.
Wow! Autumn is here and we can hardly believe the month of October is upon us already (it will soon be Christmas! Arrrgh!). The nights are getting darker and the summer almost feels like a fond and distant memory. Of course, October also means it is only a matter of weeks until we herald in the most bewitching time of year…Halloween. If you are thinking of hosting a Halloween party this year but dreading the cost involved, fear not! The Brilliant Hum has put together eleven top tips on how to host a Halloween party to remember on a budget. Read on!
- Eerie Lighting. One of the easiest ways to create a sense of eeriness is to stick some red lightbulbs in the lamps throughout your home. This will transform your walls instantly from dull and boring to dark and creepy.
- Smokingly Spooky! Ask around and see if friends or family members have a smoke machine you can use for the main party room. Together with the change of lightbulbs it will add an element of spookiness to your Halloween party games and dancefloor shenanigans.
- Cobweb calamity! String cobwebs are available to buy from many Fancy Dress party shops or card retailers and are usually quite cheap to purchase. These can be used very effectively draped over doorways, your hallway bannister or fireplace hearth.
- Ghoulies Delights. Don’t forget to have a hunt for household items you can reuse and put to good effect. Shredded black dustbin bags and old white bed sheets make for cheap and cheerful ghouls and table décor.
- Halloween Creative. Get creative and create your own scary creatures and monsters with the use of black cardboard and/or tissue paper. Scary shadowy figures such as bats, witches and black cats are easy to draw and effective when placed on bare walls or across doorways, lamps or mirrors.
- Pumpkins Galore! The obligatory pumpkin is of course a must have on Halloween night. Create a pumpkin display to remember by grouping together pumpkins and squashes of all sizes and shapes; carved and uncarved either in your entranceway or perhaps on your fireplace. Add in some spooky cobwebs, lit votive candles and sprigs of autumnal leaves and berries to decorate the hearth or doorway.
- A Spooky Centrepiece. A Halloween centre piece for your food table can be a great focal point. Cluster together Halloween inspired objects and party props. A plastic skull, old hardback books, candelabras, magician’s wands, witches’ broomsticks and hairy spiders for the ultimate spooky display.
- Halloween Paper Lanterns. Cheap and cheerful paper lanterns that are currently all the rage for parties and events are an easy way to add a pop of Halloween colour to your home. Why not buck the trend and opt for spooky red and black or even purple and green to ring in the haunting theme? String alongside some coloured festoon lighting if decorating your outdoor spaces for the perfect Halloween party vibe.
- Yukky Food and ‘Poisonous’ Potions. Of course, if you are hosting a fab Halloween celebration, themed food and drink will be expected. A quick search online will bring you to lots of Halloween themed party food to recreate. If like us, you are not too hot in the kitchen department just cheat! Lots of big supermarkets now offer up themed party cupcakes and sweet treats to add a spooky feel to your buffet table. Add in a bobbing apple cauldron for some after dinner fun.
- Spooky Playlist. A spooky playlist is vital if you are hoping to create that scary vibe. There are more tunes to choose from than you may initially think. Songs from Michael Jackson’s Thriller album, Ghostbusters, The Rocky Horror Show and of course, the famous Monster Mash are all perfect for the occasion.
- Party Games. No Halloween Party would of course be complete without taking part in some fun party games. There are lots of games to choose from but amongst our personal favourites are:
- The Mummy Wrap. A classic but a good ‘un! The best thing is all you need is oodles of toilet roll. A toilet roll per team and away you go. Best toilet roll Mummy wins a prize!
- Witches’ Broth. Concoct a yukky witches’ broth with a combination of noodles, pasta and green or red food colouring. Add a touch of water and lots of plastic Halloween toys for the ultimate sticky broth. Team members are blindfolded and take turns to fish out the Halloween objects. The first team to collect five Halloween spiders amongst their collected items wins the game.
- Halloween Trick or Treat Box. Your party guests are blindfolded as they place their hand in the Trick or Treat box. Each person must correctly guess what the Halloween item is they are holding to receive their treat. Beware! Wrong guesses receive a Halloween trick!
You are counting down to the big day. The venue is booked, the dress is hanging in your wardrobe and the champagne is virtually on ice! With a matter of months to go you may be turning your attention to how you will look your very best on the day. Read our three key tips on just what you need to do now to ensure you look shmazing on your wedding day.
- Few months to go:
Two of the key beauty treatments not to underestimate that will guarantee you look your absolute best on the day are your brows and teeth. Beautifully defined brows and clean, white teeth will both help to define your facial features and make your wedding day makeup really shine.
Allow two to three months before the big day to ensure both these areas are in order.
For perfect brows, there are a variety of treatment options. A combination of waxing, threading and tweezing can be applied by your local beauty salon to achieve the perfect HD brow shape for your facial features. A brow tint applied a couple of days prior to the wedding itself will lift and illuminate your browbones and emphasise your beautiful eyes.
Sparse brows and thinning brows? Have you considered more permanent options such as tattooing? For such an option, allow 4 weeks between top up treatments and two weeks between your final top up and the day itself for any healing to take place, and scabs to disappear. It is really important here to go with recommendations received. The last thing you want is permanently tattooed eyebrows that make you look consistently surprised!
As with your brow treatments, to achieve whiter teeth for your big day you will need to commit to a sustained treatment plan overseen by your registered dentist in the months leading up to your wedding day. Your dentist will need to take a specific mould of your teeth and prescribe whitening solution; to be applied either for a couple of hours a day or overnight, depending on the solution. Planning this in ahead of the day will allow any potential sensitivity to die down in time for the wedding.
Skin Care: With at least a few months to go, or more if possible, a regular skin care routine must be adopted. At a bare minimum, it is essential that you cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin to ensure it is in tip top condition for your day. A weekly exfoliator to cleanse and refine any large pores and remove dead skin cells will reveal the glowing skin beneath.
- Last minute appointments:
Reserve any key beauty appointments such as your manicure, pedicure, hair removal and fake tan until a couple of days before the big day. Allowing a couple of days’ grace between these final beauty appointments and the day itself will ensure the look you have selected not only looks natural but will last throughout your wedding day and well into your honeymoon. And remember, if you are thinking of opting for a fake tan for your wedding day, do ask for a trial run first, to be sure you are happy with the end colour.
- On The Day:
Maybe you are opting for the natural, classic look with a slick of eyeliner and the emphasis given to beautifully defined lips. Or perhaps the look you are aiming for is sexy and sultry with smoky eyes and a barely there pout. Whatever your choice, remember your wedding makeup will be captured in all its glory in your wedding photographs for years and years to come. You want to be sure it is a look you are happy with! For this reason and this reason alone, if you are having your bridal makeup professional applied, we can’t stress enough the importance of a trial run.
Even if you are opting to apply your own makeup on the day, have a few practice runs with your bridesmaids first, test it out on one another, and seek feedback. Consider your skin tone, choice of wedding colours and how these all naturally blend together to create a seamless look. Remember, you may well need to add a little more colour than usual to add balance to the white or cream of your wedding dress.
Placing emphasis on the key elements that will define your beautiful facial features will ensure a look that will last the test of time. Pay attention to creating beautiful defined brows, investing in a quality skin primer, foundation and highlighter applied to the cheekbones to give your skin that beautiful, dewy bridal glow. Avoid the caked on look. It will quickly look very dated and is simply not necessary.
Both your choice of wedding makeup and hair should reflect who you are as a person, and not transform you into someone ultimately unrecognizable in years to come.
1. First rule of thumb – de-clutter. Avoid the temptation to fill every available living space and book shelf with ornaments, books, media files and bits and bobs. Organising each room to have planned empty space alongside your stuff on shelves and flooring in particular will be a great deal easier on the eye.
2. Think creatively. Utilise every so-called ‘wasted’ space. Cleverly concealed under stairs storage crates are an in genius use of available space and could hold a great deal. Over door fabric shoe or spice racks can be utilised for a variety of storage issues. For example, stow away your various bathroom cleaning products neatly on the back of your bathroom cupboard and they are placed in the perfect location for ease of access for cleaning also. Room alcoves either side of your chimney breast offer up the perfect opportunity for inbuilt bookshelves or display cabinets; rather than freestanding units that can swallow up more of your precious floor space.
3. Maximise the space. Space saving furniture such as fold away beds and tables and sliding worktops can increase the space available to you in key areas such as your bedroom or kitchen. A window recess is the perfect place to construct a built in window seat with hidden storage.
Choose one classic piece of statement furniture for your lounge area to create a key focal point and to minimise the amount of floor space consumed by furniture.
To maximise the feeling of space, try to keep your décor clean and simple – opting for pull up blinds instead of draped curtains can open up a space.
4. Multi-functional furniture and utility pieces. Opting for furniture and household items that have multiple functions is a clever use of space. There are now many types of lounge furniture that offer up storage options also. For example, coffee tables that double as storage for your magazines or family board games; pouffes that boast hidden storage solutions for blankets; divan beds with under bed storage and slide out drawers; bunk beds with under bed study areas; display cabinets or shelving that includes beautiful wicker crate baskets to house your various household items.
Better still, with the wide variety of furniture choices now available on the market, as well as working hard to meet your storage needs, your furniture piece can look damn pretty too!
5. Wonderful Wardrobes. Short on hanging space in your small wardrobe? Double your available hanging space and hang clothes together by hooking an aluminium can ring pull over your existing clothes hangers.
In smaller bedrooms, fitted wardrobes with sliding doors are a more space effective solution and sleeker option for tight spaces.
6. Kitchen Aids to the Rescue. Any functional working kitchen needs a considerable amount of ‘stuff’ to keep the cogs turning and the fires burning. For the spatially challenged living space, make today’s kitchen appliances work for you. Useful kitchen aids such as Lazy Susans concealed behind kitchen units are great space savers. Many large household appliances now come with space economy in mind, such as washer-dryer combos and compact in-built ovens rather than freestanding cookers or ranges.
7. Trick of the eye. Use tried and tested methods to ‘trick’ the eye into viewing your living space as larger than it really is. Opting for lighter paint colours on your walls and ceiling to open up your living space really is effective combined with carefully chosen lighting to illuminate dark corners and give the illusion of a much larger room. Introduce a pop of colour with statement furniture pieces such as these fantastic red occasional chairs and colourful wall art.
Placing a large floor length mirror opposite natural light can bounce light back into a small room very effectively. As well as keeping clutter to a minimum on your work surfaces the same rule of thumb should be applied to your wall space too. Mounting a large art canvas on the wall at eye level in a room can really draw a person’s attention and is more pleasing to the eye in a tight space than many smaller frames cluttered together.
8. Lofty Living. If you are lucky enough to live in a lofty apartment or old Victorian terraced property, then certainly make full use of the extra head room by installing a mezzanine level to your room of choice. This could be used to create a nifty sleeping area above a living room or could even be utilised for an office space or much needed studio.
Marquee letter lights burst onto the wedding décor scene with aplomb a few years ago, with the emergence of giant sparkly LOVE wedding letters and the popular MR & MRS letter lights. Fast forward to 2017 and the options are now endless! With several companies now offering the whole alphabet in beautiful illuminated letters, they provide the perfect way to bespoke your wedding day and inject something different and unique into your special day!
Spell it Out!
Here at The Brilliant Hum, we love wedding couples who choose to think a little differently. With companies now offering lots of options to choose from, your options really are endless. Of course, if you are a traditional kind of gal, illuminated LOVE letters continue to remain popular for romantic wedding celebrations. However, if you would like to add a touch of fun to your day how about spelling out something a little quirkier? Perhaps ‘BOOGIE’, ‘LETS DANCE!’ or even perhaps ‘WEDFEST’ for a festival themed wedding?
The sentimental amongst you could take inspiration from popular romantic movies or beautiful and memorable phrases. You could spell out romantic phrases such as ‘MEANT TO BE’, ‘TRULY YOURS’, ‘FOREVER’ or ‘ALL I NEED IS YOU’. Whether you spell out your initials, select something more bespoke, choose a gigantic light up glowing heart or hire out your newly married surname, these fantastic props provide a perfect lighting solution for weddings and special occasions. Beautiful in the daytime, these hire props really come into their own when the light fades and your night time celebrations get under way. Using soft ambient LED lighting technology, they provide a great focal point for your dancefloor and of course, are a wonderful backdrop to your wedding day photographs.
What type of venue do they suit?
Pretty much any really. Available in neutral colours such as satin white or metallic silver, with a choice of classic and contemporary letter fonts, they can look as equally at home in a festival themed marquee or tepee wedding as they do in a traditional country stately home, lighting up a contemporary industrial inner city wedding or decorating a pretty country barn.
Buy, rent or do it yourself?
Although marquee letter lights are available to buy this can prove to be an expensive option. Also consider what you will indeed do with the letters post wedding – they can take up considerable space back home in your living room! If you are on a wedding budget and need to watch the pennies, then there is of course, the option to handcraft your own homemade letters. This marquee lights tutorial from Urban Bliss is a good starting point and should give you a good idea of if it is something you would like to tackle.
Of course, with the advent of summer just around the corner, the popularity of outdoor festival style weddings and the hiring of wedding marquees and pretty boho tepees to host your wedding reception remains ever popular. If you are looking for further inspiration and style edits of just how to use these lovely lights at your own wedding take a look at this boho/festival inspired wedding article featuring marquee letter lights. With ideas on just how to rock the boho trend to the max, this blog post has some great starting tips for planning your special day to perfection.
With the popularity of this choice of wedding décor continuing to rise, and signs of it now infiltrating both the corporate arena and wider events market, we predict this trend is here to stay! Remember though, if you are thinking of having an illuminated sign lighting up your wedding day, remember to enquire early. Many of the top companies get booked up months, even years in advance; especially for the popular summer months.
You have been warned ?
Darren and Claire’s laid back Spring wedding just oozes love, romance and sheer femininity! Determined to keep the proceedings simple and relaxed from the outset, the couple deliberately chose the locations for their wedding ceremony and reception based on the beautiful architecture already in place.
Claire told The Brilliant Hum, “Our local church is stunningly beautiful and rather than spend hundreds on flowers decorating the inside, we knew all it really needed was some simple floral pew ends and romantic pillar candles to let its natural beauty shine through. All our guests were blown away on the day.”
Following their wonderful day, Claire and Darren have kindly shared a few of their highlights from their special occasion with the team at The Brilliant Hum:
Preparing for the big day, Darren was excited but understandably nervous as to what lay ahead, most notably the thought of his forthcoming wedding day speech playing havoc with his wedding day nerves!
Darren says, “I hate public speaking at the best of times, so the thought of making what was perhaps THE most important speech of my life infront of all my family and loved ones was very nerve wracking!”
Helping him through on the day however, was his trusted right hand man and best friend, Neil who, was close by to offer some sage words of advice, help Darren dress for the day ahead and offer a cheeky pre-wedding celebratory whisky to calm the nerves!
The local Anglican church provided the most stunning backdrop to their marriage vows. We were blown away by the beautiful architecture of the church roof and the most amazing window in any church we have seen. With the sunlight streaming through this most amazing window, it is quite easy to see why Claire and Darren fell in love with this place.
We love this shot of Claire and Darren on the steps of the church – their first picture as a married couple! Here at The Brilliant Hum we love those shots that move away from traditional images of the bride and groom and this is such an unstuffy and relaxed image of the happy couple just simply enjoying themselves in the moment!
In keeping with the informal approach, Claire wore a beautiful strapless gown with tulle overlay and chose to do away with the tradition of wearing a bridal veil. Her beautiful gown featured delicate crystal beading to the bodice and Claire accessorized her look with dainty crystal and pearl teardrop earrings with matching bracelets and dusky pink lip gloss. Her beautiful blonde hair was curled and swept into a classy half chignon. Delicate floral bouquets of dusky pink roses, gypspholia and green fern were a romantic and girly choice.
Forever a magpie here at The Brilliant Hum, we were certainly all a quiver when we clapped our eyes on this little beauty. Claire’s stunning platinum and diamond square cut pave wedding and engagement rings are both classic and unique and certainly something of a show stopper! We have ring envy!
We love Darren’s choice of morning suit. Influenced by his love of music and The Beatles in particular, Darren chose a suit which both reflected his sense of music style and added an element of fun to the occasion. In a lovely royal blue, his suit was edged in black piping; this detail was then picked out in Darren’s choice of tie and shoes.
Claire’s bridesmaids work dusky pink three quarter length floaty gowns complimentary to the theme and carried bouquets of pink, purple and ivory roses.
Claire’s niece Sophie was her youngest bridesmaid and was super excited to dress up like a princess and be asked to perform bridesmaid duties for the very first time! We love the look on her face in this shot of her posing with her friend in the Reception area of the Grand Hall! The grandiose gilt mirror and beautiful brickwork forming the backdrop of this image makes for an interesting shot.
Continuing the pink colour scheme through to the Wedding Reception, Claire and Darren chose accents of gold to add contrast, detail and a sense of understated luxury to the scheme. This can be seen expertly in the stunning cake décor. We love how Claire has chose to incorporate a variety of textures and elements into the different layers of the cake. The very on trend gold marbling of the bottom layer is expertly contrasted against the gold pebble effect of the middle layer; all offset beautifully by the addition of delicate piped pink and peach sugar flowers wrapped round the outside of the wedding cake.
Keeping things simple, Claire and Darren chose to hand make all their table décor. With crisp white table linen and burlap hessian table runners and cutlery holders, the décor was kept simple and allowed the beauty of the couple’s floral displays to take centre stage. Lighting up the room and adding a further touch of romance were strategically placed pillar candles and an abundance of twinkly fairy lights.
Perhaps our most favourite shot of the collection and the one we choose to leave you with is this stunner! They say a picture can tell a thousand words…well, the one that springs to mind is divine. If ever an image could convey true love and devotion than this must be the clincher. Your wedding day is a moment in time where you and your loved ones come together to celebrate and mark your marriage to one another…But what we think this image expertly captures is the one thing that truly matters – your love and the commitment you make to share your lives together as husband and wife.